FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT RHYTHM & ROOTS
Can't find my ticket code! What do I do?
With our new ticket system, printing, transferring, relocating your ticket codes and editing ticket holders is a very friendly process. Go to our ticket page and click on "Buy Tickets." When the page comes up, log into your personal account with your user name (which is your e-mail address) and your password - (which can be retrieved with your username if you forget it). After you log in, simply follow the prompts for printing, transferring etc.
Can I camp at Rhythm & Roots?
Yes. Ninigret Park is normally for day use only, but the Town of Charlestown opens the park to Rhythm & Roots campers on Labor Day Weekend. Lucky us! The park—a converted Navy airbase—has spacious, flat and grassy fields perfect for camping. All camping is "in the rough" (meaning no hookups). RVs, pop-up campers and tent camping are welcome. Drinking water, portable toilets and handwashing stations are provided; and hot showers are available for a small fee. We sell only 1500 camping tickets, so get yours while they last!
I plan to camp during the festival. When can I arrive?
Camping ticket holders may ENTER the park at SUNRISE (6:00 a.m.) on FRIDAY, no earlier. This is a town ordinance. You will be lined up until 9:00 a.m. when the CAMPING AREA opens. Please plan your arrival accordingly. If you need a place to camp prior to Friday, check out regional campgrounds on the accommodations page. Campers must leave Ninigret Park by noon on Monday (Labor Day).
I will be a day visitor. When should I arrive?
DAY PARKING and day ticket sales open one hour before Main Stage entertainment begins each day: So you can arrive, park and get your tickets Friday at 4 pm, Saturday at 11 am, and Sunday at 11 am. All day visitors must vacate the premises by 12:30 am each night (one half hour after the Dance Stage music ends). Ninigret Park has plenty of free, flat, paved parking adjacent to the festival entrance.
Are there any special restrictions at Ninigret Park?
Yes, NINIGRET PARK / TOWN OF CHARLESTOWN has the following restrictions:
• Alcohol in the camping area is prohibited. See #7 in the question below. However, the festival sells beer and wine in the concert area, with proper ID.
• Ninigret Park will open at SUNRISE (6:00 a.m.) Friday. No arrivals before that time.
• Motorcycles must be parked in DAY PARKING lot.
• Contained cookfires only in the camping area; Open ground fires are prohibited.
• No amplification of recorded or live music after midnight.
• Sorry, no pets with the exception of service animals. Owners must show valid papers for service animals.
What are the guidelines for the Main Stage area?
1. MAIN STAGE CONCERT SEATING: The concert area opens one hour before show time each day. All seating is on a first come, first served basis each day. There is no reserved seating. Bring your own lawn chair or blanket. All seating must be removed at the end of each night.
2. TARPS & BLANKETS: Patrons may place ONE tarp or blanket in the Main Stage concert area each day. Maximum size: 8' X 8'. Saving space for others is not allowed.
3. UNOCCUPIED SEATS: Seating that is left unoccupied may be used by others while they are vacant. If you return to find someone in your seat, kindly let the occupant know that you have returned and need your seat back. This allows fans to enjoy a better seat for a short time and also assures that artists aren't playing to empty seats. If you don't want people sitting in your seats, kindly take them with you.
4. SUNSHADES: Sunshades, umbrellas, canopies, etc. may be set up BEHIND signs in the concert area. The signs say "No sunshades beyond this point." Please do not set up any shelter that will block the view of others in front of this line. Thank you in advance.
5. BAG CHECK: We have a bag check at the gate to the Concert Area. The following items are not allowed through the festival gates: glass bottles, alcoholic beverages, cooking devices and pets. (See #8 re: alcohol in Ninigret Park.)
6. HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION: We provide transportation for handicapped individuals. Ask at the information booth (just inside the main gate) for assistance and for the phone number of the transport.
7. GOLF CARTS, ATVs: Personal golf carts and ATVs in Ninigret Park require insurance coverage of $1,000,000.
8. ALCOHOL POLICY: Rhythm & Roots has a license to sell beer and wine in the concert area. A Town of Charlestown Park Ordinance prohibits anyone from bringing alcoholic beverages into Ninigret Park, including the festival campground. Any alcohol brought onto town property may be confiscated by town police and violators will be subject to expulsion from the park with the loss of festival privileges.
What else is there to do while I'm in the area?
Rhode Island's beautiful South County offers endless tourism possibilities:
Ocean Beaches • Casinos • Block Island Ferry • Historic Villages • Excellent Dining • And many other activities.
For more information contact: South County Tourism Council
800.548.4662 or 401.789.4422
Will there be food at the festival?
You bet! The food's as TASTY as the Music! Ethnic Specialties from the Bayou & Around the World!
Cajun • Creole • Seafood • BBQ • Asian • Vegetarian • New Orleans Style French Pastries •
Espresso • Cappuccino • Beer • Wine & plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. Bring your appetite!
You shouldn't go home hungry!
I'm a shopper! What merchandise will I find at R&R?
R&R Clothing (tee shirts, hats, sweats, beads etc.) • Dance Wear • Fine Art • Handmade Jewelry • Pottery • Eco-Friendly Gifts • CDs • Imports • Baskets • Instruments • Etc.
Who does your fabulous sound?
Lots of people ask about the great sound. It's provided by Klondike Sound: http://www.klondikesound.com/
How do I become a sponsor or advertise in your program?
To learn about sponsorship opportunities and advertising in our program book, contact Janet Brightly, 703-323-4155, email